9th August 2018
Patients may walk away from NHS because of long GP waits, Britain’s leading family doctor warns
Dr Helen Stokes-Lampard said she was fearful that people would seek alternatives to the health service, because they could not face waits of up to four weeks to get help.
The chairman of the Royal College of GPs said family doctors were “really struggling” to cope with escalating demands on them, fuelling ever longer waiting times.
#GPPharmacists how can you support your practices with reducing waiting times? And how can you showcase your worth and outcomes?
Some examples include (list not exhaustive):
- Increase number of appointments by offering clinics such as med review/LTC/minor illness clinics (if within your competency) and free up GPs to see more unwell or complex patients
- Provide telephone appointments to patients if appropriate to reduce the number of patients needed to be seen by the GP
- Helping with telephone queries to reduce workload for the GP and triage or signposting patients to the correct HCP
- Work on repeat prescription queries and clinical post to reduce the administrative workload for GPs to free them up to see more patients
- Offer to work in the out of hours service providing more appointments to patients in the evenings
- Implement change processes in the practice to improve the flow and quality of workflow and ensure the correct people are carrying out the correct jobs (upskilling & empowering admin teams through training) which in turn will reduce GP workload and increase GP appointments
Read the full article for a better insight: